Reviewer Application Form
Thank you for your interest in reviewing applications received for the Cancer Innovation Challenge's funding competition for Innovative Data Science Solutions to Improve Cancer Care and Outcomes in Scotland.
To ensure that all applications are assessed by a range of relevant expertise, we need to assemble a wide pool of assessors across various backgrounds.
Each application to the funding competition received will be assessed by 5 reviewers, with each of the following perspectives:
- Data handling
- Data science (knowledge of data science techniques and methodology and applications)
- Business development
Each reviewer will be reviewing approximately 4 applications each and the entire process is online. The review period will be from 17 November 2017 – 5 January 2018 and full guidance will be given. Each application will take approximately 1-2hrs to review. Each reviewer will need to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Health professionals with knowledge and expertise in oncology
- People with professional/expert knowledge of NHS data and systems and information governance processes
- People with expert knowledge of data science techniques and methodology and applications
- People with professional/expert knowledge of commercialising products and/or growing/developing businesses
- People where none of the above apply but may have professional or personal interest in the use of healthcare data in the UK. Committee and/or assessment experience desired